Avid ‘real’ book reader
Wannabe dog owner
Hi. I’m Lucy, the founder of Conscious Business Solutions.
What do you need to know about me?
I’m passionate about helping small businesses thrive. I believe that they’re the future of commerce. It’s these businesses that can be agile, continuously improving the positive impact they have on people and the planet.
What’s my story?
After obtaining a MA Publishing degree, I worked within both medium-sized corporate companies and small start-ups in a variety of industries from software development to alternative health. I gained first-hand experience of being a leader, regularly solving people-related issues.
As a PMP qualified Project Manager, I employed a traditional toolset to create structure, improve systems and help my teams to excel. As my responsibility grew, I looked to expand the support I could provide to my team members. This led to me combining coaching skills and leadership knowledge with the more traditional tools to create a happier, healthier workplace and improving the company culture.
In 2017, I left the corporate world to work with my first start-up, where I discovered a more conscious way of operating. Company purpose was a driving force, whilst inspirational values, collaboration and teamwork built a feeling of family in the business. I’ve been advocating conscious business practices to small businesses ever since.
What business transformations have I seen?
I’ve seen a lot of transformations. With the help of conscious business and energetic tools, businesses…
· rethink their purpose to better establish the company direction
· share a company vision that inspires both their team, customers and competition
· redefine their product suite to simplify their offering and more efficiently use their team members
· upgrade strategies to serve all stakeholders and the planet and so drawing people to the company
· create simple, people-based processes to improve efficiency whilst retaining a focus on what matters
· enhance engagement with team members to improve motivation and satisfaction levels and so increase outputs
· overcome people’s fears and doubts so team members exceed their goals
· better connect with customers to take customer relationships (and sales) to the next level
A quick take away...
Implementing just one conscious practice into a business will strengthen operations, raising the motivation in the company. For instance, introducing more channels to obtain ideas and feedback from team members will both improve your products and services and ensure the team members feel like valued members of the company that can contribute to its success.
And when introducing aligned changes across an organisation, the business can embrace a healthy way of operating that enables it to successfully achieve its mission.
Are you open to seeing business a little differently?
What I’m about to reveal may take a bit of getting used to.
Leading on from Einstein's theory that 'everything is energy'...
I believe CBS has its own energy and even its own characteristics. It’s young but full of wisdom and has a fun, vibrant side that’s keen to explore and experiment.
So, on paper I might be the sole person working in CBS, but I often use the term ‘we’.
Do you fancy getting to know your own company like this?